Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pinterest Project!

A couple weekends ago I made a project from Pinterest inspiration but never blogged about it.

I was looking for something else to go on the long wall in my dining room, next to the art that I have up.  I originally thought sconces would be nice there, but then I was unable to find anything that I liked.  I had seen the idea of hanging flowers in glass on the wall on Pinterest and this particular photo jumped out at me.

Framed flowers
Pinterest
I decided to make something similar and it turned out to be a fun and inexpensive project.  I bought two silvery frames at ACMoore, some thin plywood sheets (1/16th inch), large mason jars, and thick silver floral wire.

I first scored the plywood with an razor blade to allow fit inside the frame.  Then, I painted the plywood a light blue gray color, Behr Light French Gray. I had some of this leftover from when we were deciding kitchen paint colors ;) Then, I wrapped the floral wire around the neck of the mason jar multiple times to be able to hold the jar up.  I drilled small holes through the wood sheets so that I could string the wire through to the backside. I tied knots in the wire and fed the wires back through to strengthen their hold on the jar.   I then hung these on the wall like a regular picture frame. I'm excited with how they came out. I plan to put fresh flowers in the jars often, but will have silk flowers there when I don't.





3 comments:

  1. I LOVE these! I might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out great! I think I re-pinned this from you too! ha. I'd love to make some for our kitchen walls on either side of our window.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips