Friday, July 1, 2011

Party Prep!

Happy 4th of July weekend to everyone! We've spent the last few days working on a lot of things at home (I'll post about those updates later) because we're having a 4th of July/Housewarming party this weekend!! I'm really excited about it, we can't wait to show all of our friends and family the progress we've made in the house and just have a wonderful time celebrating the 4th of July (on the 2nd, lol)!

So, I thought I'd share some inspiration pictures that I've seen on Pinterest and then show you what I've been working on.
Shop Sweet Lulu — Patriotic Cupcake Liner MegaMixEasy DIY Decorations for the Fourth of July

Google Image Result for http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LJw3x_5Dk-c/TCPzYd1bYdI/AAAAAElegant Garden Themed Dinner Party with Homemade Details | Be Inspired Elegant
 
Avoid a Bottleneck at the Bar - 60 Outdoor Party Ideas - 60 Days of Summer - Ma
Aren't those some cute ideas!? Here's what I've got... Our dining room has been converted into a storage space for all things 4th of July.  I can't wait to set up all of the stuff I've got planned. But, here's what it looks like now. 


Flowers
More flowers outside
Stocked fridge :) After an epic 3 hour grocery store trip to 3 stores
For the menu, we're having all of the typical cookout/barbecue items, but I'm also making a couple special things, of course!  In addition to the regular beer, soda, lemonade, etc, we're going to have sangria and lemon drop jello shots(!!!), which has now become my signature summer item. I've got a lot of fun appetizers and festive desserts planned too. 

I can't wait to show you pictures from all of the little projects I'm going to finish up today/tomorrow. We have lots of prep and cooking to do, but it's going to be fun party. Hope you have a great weekend!! 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds so fun! Loving the flowers and decor ideas! Wow, your fridge is definitely stocked! lol Enjoy your party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot, y'all are ready to par-tay! Have fun showing everyone your new place :)

    mylifeasamrsh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm so so excited! It looks like you have everything..but is there anything at all you need that we could bring??

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be so much fun for everyone, you are really going all out :) Have a wonderful party, can't wait to see the photos afterwards!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips