Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dinner and a Movie ;)

Last night was great. I made a quick dinner after getting home from work and then we watched our wedding film from our videographer. We were so excited to finally receive it and it turned out great!

I made sautéed chicken, steamed broccoli, and homemade macaroni and cheese. This is the kind of thing my family would call "random chicken" when I was younger. You get home and you need to make dinner, so you pull out some chicken and go from there to make the meal. I decided to make a quick mac and cheese to go along with the chicken and broccoli. So, I used this recipe from allrecipes.com. However, I made some changes, because I didn't want to have to bake the macaroni or use breadcrumbs. So, I made the cheese sauce and simply added my pasta to that. I started with the roux of butter and a little bit of flour, then added milk and the cheese. It's so easy and much more tasty than using a premade cheese sauce like Velveta. Then, instead of adding the pasta to a casserole dish and pouring the cheese sauce over it, I allowed the cheese sauce to cook a little longer and thicken. Since it wasn't going to cook in the oven, I allowed it to simmer for a few more minutes. I seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and a little bit of season-all, which has a little spice and some paprika in it. I added the pasta (I used shells, because that's what we had in the pantry) and stirred everything together, making sure that it was seasoned well enough. The mac & cheese was really good paired with the steamed broccoli. I love broccoli with cheese, so this worked out well! Yum!
After dinner, we opened up the DVD from our videographer, Cinematrimony. I love how they personalized the DVD box and the DVD itself, we love it! So, we sat down and first watched the short movie trailer. They did a wonderful job, and we are so happy that we decided to invest in this for our wedding day. Darin is going to be putting the trailer on his blog soon, so I'll be sure to post a link to that as soon as it is up. Then, we watched the entire movie, which was 105 minutes long. They did a great job to make sure that all of the important moments from the day were included and that it never got boring. I also really enjoyed seeing the things that I didn't get to see on the day of, like the guys getting ready, the string music and ceremony before I came in. The day was beautiful and we love how they were able to capture the emotion and everything on film. We can't wait to share the movie with our family and friends!!

1 comment:

  1. Your dinner looks so good especially the homemade mac and cheese. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips