Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dinner and Library!

So, now that we've moved to Cary, we're a lot closer to a Wake Co. public library! I'm so excited about this, even though I won't need any more wedding books/magazines, like last summer... I went to the library last night and got a bunch of cook books and decor/entertaining books. I'm really excited to read them and get inspiration and new ideas. Plus, we're hosting a dinner party for Sarah's birthday in August, so I need menu/decor inspiration!!
Kevin made dinner last night, and it was fabulous! I had no involvement, except to grill the steak outside while he was preparing everything else. I had no idea what we were really eating until we sat down, it was a fun surprise. We had his take on 'tacos and rice' but instead of mexican rice it was a sweet potato and almond risotto (delish!). The soft tacos were a Bobby Flay recipe with grilled flank steak, red onion, avocado, lettuce, sour cream and a homemade salsa! Everything was so original and so good! The risotto was awesome and very unique, I felt like I was at a restaurant with a dish like that. I'll see if I can get Kevin to post the recipes on here sometime!

I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips